- Follow the “severe” service schedule in your owner’s manual.
- Check fluids, including oil, and filters more frequently.
- Have certain components such as brakes and shocks inspected more regularly.
- Observe the speed limit. Gas mileage decreases rapidly above 60 mph.
- Avoid quick starts and stops. Aggressive driving can lower gas mileage.
- Don’t haul unneeded items in the trunk as extra weight will reduce fuel economy.
- Keep your car properly tuned to improve gas mileage.
- Order a free copy of the 80-page Car Care Guide at www.carcare.org/car-care-guide/.
The council’s popular Car Care Guide is available electronically or printed copy in English and Spanish. The guide covers major vehicle systems, component groups within the vehicle, service interval recommendations and much more.
The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For the latest car care news, visit the council’s online media room at http://media.carcare.org. To order a free copy of the popular Car Care Guide, visit the council’s consumer education website at www.carcare.org.