Radio Show Details
Finding the Best Used Vehicle in Your Price Range and Avoiding Cars and Trucks with Existing Problems
- Date: 2016-12-17
- Speaker: Matt Allen and Dave Riccio
Bumper to Bumper Radio, the car guys on KTAR, 92.3 FM in Phoenix, AZ, broadcast every Saturday from 11:00 am to noon. On this show, Dave Riccio of Tri-City Transmission in Tempe, AZ and Matt Allen of Virginia Auto Service in Phoenix, AZ talk give you some great advice and some things to keep in mind if you’re in the market for a used vehicle. Also on this show:
- Why transmission problems can be common in used vehicles.
- Warning signs to be on the lookout for while shopping out pre-owned cars.
- How to protect yourself during a purchase decision.
- Why it doesn’t necessary make sense to fix small problems with your vehicle prior to selling it.
- 2005 Toyota Tundra: I’ve been looking to purchase one of these trucks. Are there any things I should be watching out for with these vehicles specifically?
- 2006 Ford F150: A great review for Bumper to Bumper shop Accurate Automotive!
- 2004 Ford F150: After having an oil leak fixed, my engine light came on. I noticed that my oil was low, so I added a bit. The truck is running fine now, but the light has stayed on. Any advice?
- 2009 Chevrolet Silverado: My brake light has been coming on intermittently. Is this something that needs to be reset somewhere, or do I need to take my vehicle into a shop?
- 2014 Honda Accord: 20k miles ago, I started to notice a strange noise coming from the back end of my Honda. The shop I use hasn’t been able to replicate the problem – how can I persuade them to check into the issues I suspect?
- 1998 Buick Park Ave: I’ve considered purchasing this vehicle from a neighbor of mine. It has a salvage title and 6 month old gas in the tank. What are your thoughts?
- Saturn SC2: The transmission in my car is slipping and grabbing. Is there somewhere you would recommend I take my car into?
Cars talked about on this show are the 2005 Toyota Tundra, 2006 Ford F150, 2004 Ford F150, 2009 Chevrolet Silverado, 2014 Honda Accord, 1998 Buick Park Ave, and the Saturn SC2.