- Date: 2016-12-10
- Speaker: Matt Allen and Dave Riccio
Bumper to Bumper Radio, the car guys on KTAR, 92.3 FM in Phoenix, AZ, broadcast every Saturday from 11:00 am to noon. On this show, Dave Riccio of Tri-City Transmission in Tempe, AZ and Matt Allen of Virginia Auto Service in Phoenix, AZ talk about tips and other things to keep in mind during a winter month road trip in the Southwest. Also on this show:
- Things to double-check on your vehicle before hitting the road this winter.
- Essential items to pack in your car during a winter road trip.
- How to inspect and increase tread on your tires.
- 1999 Plymouth Neon: I’ve replaced my clutch cable recently and now my car is having trouble shifting into 5th gear. Any advice?
- Toyota Sienna: What can you tell me about problems with warping on my brakes?
- 2006 Land Rover: Can you give me any advice on how to choose an auto repair shop myself even though my insurance provider gives me a list?
- 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe: What does the warning “stability system disabled” refer to?
- 1995 Dodge Ram: I have emissions testing coming up. After replacing the O2 and EGR sensors and valve 2 years ago, I was able to pass the test. Now I’m failing across the board. What other issues could be attributing to this?
- I’ve been shopping out a 2 seater convertible. Are there any specific models or makes that you recommend?
Cars talked about on this show are the 1999 Plymouth Neon, Toyota Sienna, 2006 Land Rover, 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe, and the 1995 Dodge Ram.