It's Matt's 50th birthday this year and he wanted to do something big! Bumper to Bumper Radio is asking people to make donations to Saving Amy, a local organization that provides community, support and a new beginning for those transitioning out of homelessness.
We are passionate about this organization because Saving Amy focuses on four key programs to address the individualized needs of our families:
- Empowerment Through Therapy (ETT): The ETT program enrolls adults and children in trauma therapy with licensed trauma therapists from around the valley. Each case is individualized based on the recommendation of the therapist
- Kids Go Program: Mentoring program with Brophy and Xavier College Preparatory to provide year-round tutoring, mentorship and summer camp for our Saving Amy children
- Rolling Forward: Transportation program that provides donated vehicles to allow for reliable transportation to work and school
- Rise Up Moving Program: Two-part program that includes providing rent subsidy, furniture and home supplies; as well as, the opportunity to move from poverty-stricken neighborhoods
- Saving Amy assists families throughout Arizona, with the majority residing in Phoenix and surrounding areas.
Saving Amy provides community and resources so that our families are able to create a life that is fulfilling and life changing. Most importantly, Saving Amy is about relationship. The Journey Partners walk side by side with the families and build relationships based on trust and genuine care. Families then begin to see themselves as worthy and deserving people in society that no longer need the system to support them. They are able to come off government assistance and support themselves on their own. Saving Amy helps families move forward with a realization that they will never be back on the street or in a homeless shelter again. In turn, the families help to support others who are on the path they have traveled, from a life that felt hopeless and out of control to an empowered life lived with dignity and hope. For more information, see their web site at https://www.savingamy.org .
As an added bonus, when you make your donation via this link, Saving Amy will receive a 25% matching grant from Executive Council Charities who will match your donation up to an additional $5,000.
Our goal is to raise $5,000, and Matt is contributing $500 in honor of his mom, who is no longer with us, but had a heart for serving those in need. Please join us in supporting this amazing non-profit. Your donation may qualify for a state income tax credit of up to $400 for individuals (single filers), $800 for married couples (joint filers). See your tax advisor for details.
Click here to donate.
Every penny donated will make a direct local impact!