- Hybrid-Electric Motor – The Transition® will now drive in hybrid mode, using a combination of an internal combustion engine and a LiFePO4 (Lithium iron phosphate chemistry) battery - proven to be much safer than other lithium battery chemistries.
- Boost – The throttle incorporates a boost feature for a brief burst of extra power while flying.
- Interior – The interior is remodeled with upgraded seats, an attractive and intuitive user interface experience, and increased luggage capacity.
- Safety – Updated safety systems include: improved seat belts, airbags, and increased visibility with three rearview cameras in drive mode.
- Partners – Terrafugia is partnering with state-of-the-art suppliers for avionics and parachutes. Dynon is providing the EFIS (Electrical Flight Information Systems) and BRS is providing a full frame parachute system.
As a unique automotive vehicle and a light sport aircraft, the Transition® is built for both aviation and automotive safety to comply with FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) and NHTSA (National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration) standards. The new features will enable the Transition® to meet all the necessary requirements while optimizing the flight experience for both pilot and passenger.