"For more than 85 years, diesel pickups have played a significant role in the world's auto market, and none more so than here in the United States. The introduction of new diesel options in truck models like the Silverado 1500 and the F-150 demonstrates the continued significance of this powertrain for consumers and auto manufacturers around the globe."
In 2017, more than 65 percent of the 17.25 million vehicles sold in the U.S. were trucks or SUVs. Ford's F-series pickup, GM's Silverado and FCA's Ram pickup represented the top three best-selling vehicles in America. The F-150 has been the best-selling truck in America for more than 40 years and the best-selling vehicle of any kind for more than 35 years.
New diesel offerings, 2018/2019 model years:
- GM's 2019 Silverado pickup: 3.0L V-6 diesel option among six powertrain choices
- Ford's 2018 F-150 pickup: 3.0L V-6 PowerStroke diesel option among six powertrain choices
- Fiat Chrysler's 2019 Ram 1500 pickup: 3.0L diesel option among five powertrain options
- Chevy's 2018 Equinox crossover: 1.6L turbo-diesel option among three powertrain choices
- Chevy's 2018 Cruze and Cruze Hatch compact sedans: 1.6L diesel option among three powertrain choices
- Jeep's 2019 Wrangler compact SUV: 3.0L V-6 EcoDiesel option among three powertrain choices
- BMW's 2018 540d sedan: diesel xDrive option among six powertrain choices
- Kia Sorento crossover: diesel option coming soon
Learn more at https://www.dieselforum.org/