- How much current (amps) from the alternator is diverted to the battery to charge
- How long the current is available (drive time)
- Battery temperature
- Battery age
In the following situations, the alternator will not adequately recharge a battery:
- The battery is drained because an interior light was left on in a vehicle for 18-24 hours
- The battery is drained because the vehicle has not been driven for a month or more
- The car is only driven at 35 mph to a nearby store and back two or three days a week.
The best Arizona and most reliable car batteries for Ahwatukee, Apache Junction, Avondale, Buckeye, Camp Verde, Carefree, Casa Grande, Cave Creek, Chandler, Clarkdale, Cottonwood, El Mirage, Eloy, Florence, Fountain Hills, Gila Bend, Gilbert, Glendale, Goodyear, Guadalupe, Litchfield Park, Marana, Maricopa, Mesa, Paradise Valley, Peoria, Phoenix, Queen Creek, Scottsdale, and Tempe. Counties include Maricopa County, Pima County and Gila County.