- 1. Any underlying oil leaks. The beginning of a leak, we call “seepage”, is not a bonafide leak to the consumer. They think a leak is when they see oil on the ground. NO! Oil can be leaking and hang out on the frame and other areas before it even makes it to the ground. This is when the high dollar repairs come in.
- 2. Share any minor or major noises in the vehicle. Keep a journal of any moans, squeaks, high-pitched whines, “morning sickness” – (yes, it happens first thing in the morning) that you hear when it occurs. They will be intermittent and forgotten about. Yet these sounds are to get your attention that something isn’t right and if not caught early can get expensive. Your mechanic can trace the noises down to the source of the issue.
- 3. Air Conditioning System. Summer isn’t here yet temperatures are rising, so now is the time to check this system out. Even if the system is blowing ice cold, rubber hoses could be starting to leak. Consumers think they just need to add freon, but the vital lubricating oil can seep from rubber hoses, causing the heart of the air conditioning system, the air conditioning compressor, to run dry and ultimately fail. That is when repairs get very expensive. Minor repairs to the hoses may cost you about $400.00 or you can wait until it hits the air conditioning compressor and spend in excess of $1000.00. Don’t wait until summer.
COME IN FOR YOUR COMPLIMENTARY 15 POINT INCOME TAX PROTECTION INSPECTION AND WE WILL CHECK:
- Belts – drive
- Fluids – oil, coolant, power steering, brake, transmission
- Hoses – coolant
- Tire condition and pressure
- Windshield wipers and cracks
- Fluid levels
- Air filter
- Emergency brake inspection
- Child seat belt check
Desert Car Care Centers are leaders in the automotive industry and an award winning shop with ASE Certified Master Technicians. We use state-of-the-art equipment and the latest technology and provide you with warranties on both parts and labor. Named 2013 “Angie’s List” Super Service Award recipient, 2012 Phoenix Business Journal “Best Places to Work,” 2012 Motor Age Magazine “ Top Shops” nominee, members of Chandler Chamber of Commerce, NARPRO (Network of Neighborhood Auto Repair Professionals), ASA (Automotive Service Assoc. of Arizona) and Frank Leutz, CEO of Desert Car Care of Chandler is also the ASA Phoenix Chapter President, IATN (International Automotive Technicians Network) and the Better Business Bureau.