Consumers may mistakenly assume that all used cars are certifiable. Every brand, from Acura to Volvo, has strict guidelines about certification and not every car is eligible to be certified by the automaker. Since not all CPO programs are alike, consumers should shop around to find the right match.
Autotrader Editors' Top Picks for Certified Pre-Owned Deals for August 2016
- This month BMW is offering 0.9 percent interest for up to 36 months on all 2013 1 Series models, along with all 2013 and 2014 3 Series, 5 Series and X1 models. BMW's certified pre-owned program is among Autotrader editors' favorites.
- Buick's popular LaCrosse sedan is offered with 1.9 percent interest for up to 36 months for qualified buyers, which is an impressive rate for a used model. Buick's CPO program provides a no-deductible powertrain warranty with coverage for up to 6 years or 100,000 miles from a covered vehicle's original sale date.
- Through the end of August, qualified buyers interested in a certified pre-owned Chevrolet can get 1.9 percent interest for up to 36 months on an impressive array of models: the Cruze, Equinox, Impala, Malibu and Traverse. Combine the low rate with Chevy's CPO warranty, and it'll be like you're buying a new car.
- Ford's certified pre-owned program has an impressive offer available this month for all of its CPO cars: 2.9 percent interest for up to 66 months for qualified buyers.
- In August, Infiniti's certified pre-owned program touts a major incentive: 0.99 percent interest for up to 36 months for qualified buyers on every single certified pre-owned Infiniti. Infiniti's certified pre-owned program is another favorite of Autotrader editors.
- This month, Jaguar offers an impressive CPO incentive for qualified buyers with 0.9 percent interest for up to 60 months on some models (like the 2013-2014 XF), along with 1.9 percent interest for up to 60 months on most other Jaguars – including all versions of the impressive F-Type sports car, except for the sporty V8 S model. Jaguar's CPO program is among the best in the luxury car world.
- Qualified buyers interested in a certified pre-owned Nissan can get 1.25 percent interest for up to 36 months on any model, and 2.95 percent interest for up to 72 months on most models through the end of August. Those are great deals in the used-car world – especially when you factor in the additional warranty coverage from the Nissan CPO program.
- In August, qualified buyers interested in getting a certified pre-owned Toyota Corolla can get an excellent deal, as the sedan is offered with 1.9 percent interest for up to 60 months. Toyota is extending the same offer for its midsize Camry sedan. If you're interested in buying a nearly-new Toyota without spending new-car money, consider Toyota's certified pre-owned program.