Radio Show Details
- Date: 2017-02-04
- Speaker: Matt Allen and Dave Riccio
Bumper to Bumper Radio, the car guys on KTAR, 92.3 FM in Phoenix, AZ, broadcast every Saturday from 11:00 am to noon. On this show, Dave Riccio of Tri-City Transmission in Tempe, AZ and Matt Allen of Virginia Auto Service in Phoenix, AZ talk about the different ways you can keep your vehicle serviced and be prepared to pass your emissions test in Arizona. Also on this show:
- Information about vehicle test codes.
- How to check a car or truck’s emissions history.
- Why 1996 or newer vehicles test differently.
- Less common reasons why your car may not pass emissions testing.
- Why you should consider replacing your battery before taking an emissions test.
- How your gas cap can malfunction and cause you to fail an emissions test.
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado: Can I pass emissions with no dashboard instrumentation?
- 2003 Buick Century: I was told to have my EGR valve replaced. What should I know before having this done?
- 2002 Ford Escape: I’m due for emissions next month. Are there other lights besides check-engine that will cause me to fail?
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma: My truck is revving high before shifting first thing in the morning. Is this happening because of the temperature or is there a bigger problem?
- 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer: How can I tell what size engine my truck has?
- 1994 Buick LeSabre: My car rated high on the nitrogen oxide test. What can I do to bring that number down?
- 2007 Chrysler 300: I’ve noticed the smell of gasoline coming from my car. What can I inspect to resolve this problem?
- 2012 Mazda 3: How often should I have my transmission serviced?
Cars talked about on this show are the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado, 2003 Buick Century, 2002 Ford Escape, 2007 Toyota Tacoma, 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer, 1994 Buick LeSabre, 2007 Chrysler 300, and the 2012 Mazda 3.