Radio Show Details
- Date: 2017-01-21
- Speaker: Matt Allen and Dave Riccio
Bumper to Bumper Radio, the car guys on KTAR, 92.3 FM in Phoenix, AZ, broadcast every Saturday from 11:00 am to noon. On this show, Dave Riccio of Tri-City Transmission in Tempe, AZ and Matt Allen of Virginia Auto Service in Phoenix, AZ talk about the internal advantages of refueling before your fuel level is low. Also on this show:
- How your driving habits affect your gas mileage.
- Why your fuel economy may seem different after a major repair.
- Mistakes that car manufacturers have made regarding their mpg numbers.
- Why you should never let your gas level reach below a quarter tank.
- Technology inside the presidential limousine.
- 2009 Volkswagen: I had my brakes completely redone a year ago. Recently, my brake warning lights have come on, but no codes have appeared. Is this just a problem with my sensor?
- 2001 Dodge Ram: I’ve been noticing the smell of antifreeze when turning on my heat. What causes this?
- 2012 Honda Civic: The low temperature indicator is coming on intermittently in my car. How vital is this to repair?
- 2005 Nissan Frontier: I was told my timing belt guides are wearing out. How expensive will this be to repair/replace?
- 2014 Toyota Camry: My battery has died every year since I purchased this car. I’m now on my 3rd battery. Is there anything I can do to diagnose the problem?
- Mini Cooper Countryman: Have you had any repair experience with these vehicles?
- 1999 GMC Yukon: I’ve noticed a vibration or rattling each time I shift gears after replacing my transmission. Have you seen this problem before?
- 1995 Nissan Pathfinder: After having my transmission rebuilt, my truck is having a difficult time shifting into 2nd gear. Is it possible that my vehicle is idling in 2nd gear?
Cars talked about on this show are the 2009 Volkswagen, 2001 Dodge Ram, 2012 Honda Civic, 2005 Nissan Frontier, 2014 Toyota Camry, Mini Cooper Countryman, 1999 GMC Yukon, 1995 Nissan Pathfinder