- Date: 2017-04-08
- Speaker: Matt Allen and Dave Riccio
Bumper to Bumper Radio, the car guys on KTAR, 92.3 FM in Phoenix, AZ, broadcast every Saturday from 11:00 am to noon. On this show, Dave Riccio of Tri-City Transmission in Tempe, AZ and Matt Allen of Virginia Auto Service in Phoenix, AZ talk about how to choose the correct air conditioning service depending on the condition of your AC system. Also on this show:
- What other vehicle systems can be affected by the AC system in your car or truck.
- Should you always evacuate your refrigerant before recharging?
- How air conditioning systems can vary depending on the age of your vehicle.
- Why you should have your AC serviced before the summer months.
- Why it’s important to develop a personal relationship with your auto repair shop.
- Hyundai: Can low refrigerant levels damage the compressor in my vehicle?
- 2012 Kia Optima: My air conditioning doesn’t run as cold while I’m in traffic. Is this an issue with my cooling fans?
- Dodge Charger: Whenever this truck decelerates, there’s a clicking noise coming from the dash. Is this related to the motors?
- 2006 Scion XT: I was told I overcharged my AC system, and now it only blows cold while I’m at a stop. Have you seen this problem before?
- 2012 Mazda 3: Have you seen issues with the clutch in my specific vehicle in the past?
- 2005 Honda: The AC in my minivan is no longer working. I’ve been quoted up to $1,400 to repair this system. Do you think this is worth fixing or would I be better off buying a different used van?
- 1995 Toyota Avalon: There is a “clunk” sound coming from my car while shifting out of park. Is this typical for a transmission of this age?
- 1978 Ford F150: At 79k original miles, this truck has been sitting for 20+ years. How can I make the systems more efficient in this truck?
Cars talked about on this show are the Hyundai, 2012 Kia Optima, Dodge Charger, 2006 Scion XT, 2012 Mazda 3, 2005 Honda, 1995 Toyota Avalon, and the 1978 Ford F150.