- Date: 2017-03-25
- Speaker: Matt Allen and Dave Riccio
Bumper to Bumper Radio, the car guys on KTAR, 92.3 FM in Phoenix, AZ, broadcast every Saturday from 11:00 am to noon. On this show, Dave Riccio of Tri-City Transmission in Tempe, AZ and Matt Allen of Virginia Auto Service in Phoenix, AZ talk about how technology and shop preferences has affected the cost of auto repair throughout the years. Also on this show:
- Maintenance you should consider during a repair to save future labor costs.
- Why auto repair estimates vary between shops.
- How to ensure you have the correct repair done to save money.
- Advice on how to better communicate with your auto repair shop.
- 2001 Lincoln Towncar: Is it still worth the cost of major repairs for my vehicle?
- 2006 Toyota Tacoma: My headlights seem to be dimmer than they were in the past. Can you recommend a new set of bulbs?
- 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood: While coming to a stop, I’ve noticed something shaking. Is this a misfire?
- 2009 Honda Civic: What fluid changes or other maintenance would you recommend to me at 85k miles?
- 2002 GMC Sierra: Once the weather cools down, I hear a grinding sound coming from my truck. How can I identify this sound?
- 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe: My vehicle shudders for a few seconds while coming to a stop. This doesn’t happen in towing mode. What’s causing this?
- 2012 Hyundai Sonata: There seems to be some give in my steering column. How can I repair this?
Cars talked about on this show are the 2001 Lincoln Towncar, 2006 Toyota Tacoma, 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood, 2009 Honda Civic, 2002 GMC Sierra, 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe, and the 2012 Hyundai Sonata.