- Date: 2017-01-28
- Speaker: Matt Allen and Dave Riccio
Bumper to Bumper Radio, the car guys on KTAR, 92.3 FM in Phoenix, AZ, broadcast every Saturday from 11:00 am to noon. On this show, Dave Riccio of Tri-City Transmission in Tempe, AZ and Matt Allen of Virginia Auto Service in Phoenix, AZ talk about the benefits of modern automobile oil and filter technology. Also on this show:
- What factors specific to Arizona affect the oil in your vehicle?
- How long can a car last without ever changing the oil?
- Should you follow your owner’s manual even if it states that you don’t need to change your oil every 3k miles?
- Why the time between oil changes has grown over the years.
- Information about modern filter efficiency.
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado: I’ve been using synthetic diesel oil in my truck for some time now. Will this type of oil hurt my truck in any way?
- 2005 Ford Taurus: Do you recommend filling the oil filter prior to installing one?
- 2012 Lexus: What is the difference between getting an oil change at the dealership opposed to somewhere else?
- 2004 Chevrolet Silverado: Can you give me any advice to extend the life out of my oil filters?
- 2003 Lexus 300: My car has a power steering leak. What can you tell me about the cost and labor involved to have this fixed?
Cars talked about on this show are the 2001 Chevrolet Silverado, 2005 Ford Taurus, 2012 Lexus, 2004 Chevrolet Silverado, and the 2003 Lexus 300.