- Date: 2016-11-19
- Speaker: Matt Allen and Dave Riccio
Bumper to Bumper Radio, the car guys on KTAR, 92.3 FM in Phoenix, AZ, broadcast every Saturday from 11:00 am to noon. On this show, Dave Riccio of Tri-City Transmission in Tempe, AZ and Matt Allen of Virginia Auto Service in Phoenix, AZ talk about clunks, grinding and other unwanted sounds that may be coming from your vehicle and how to get rid of them. Also on this show:
- How to document noises in your vehicle to help your mechanic find the source.
- Why you notice noises at different points in your drive.
- Why some traffic conditions can make certain noises more audible.
- Temperature fluctuations and how cold or warm weather may lead to your car making new noises.
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler: I’ve noticed a whistling sound while decelerating. Have you seen this problem before?
- 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe: My car is having a hard time turning over, but I can’t replicate the problem at the shop. It’s happening more frequently now. How can I diagnose this issue?
- 2001 Nissan Pathfinder: My car has been wobbling over 50 mph. I’ve been told the cause is different between two different shops. How can I find a more definitive answer?
- 2000 Chevrolet Blazer: I’ve been hearing a hum coming from my truck around 35 mph. Is this a problem with the wheel systems?
- 2007 Saturn Aurora: The airbag light is coming on in my car after stopping. What is causing this?
Cars talked about on this show are the 2004 Jeep Wrangler, 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 2000 Chevrolet Blazer, and the 2007 Saturn Aurora.