- Date: 2017-03-04
- Speaker: Matt Allen and Dave Riccio
Bumper to Bumper Radio, the car guys on KTAR, 92.3 FM in Phoenix, AZ, broadcast every Saturday from 11:00 am to noon. On this show, Dave Riccio of Tri-City Transmission in Tempe, AZ and Matt Allen of Virginia Auto Service in Phoenix, AZ talk about electrical diagnostic codes and how to differentiate between computer and physical problems with your vehicle. Also on this show:
- How much wiring is really inside your vehicle?
- How diagnostic codes make it easier to locate a wiring issue.
- Differences in the computer and electrical systems depending on the age of your car or truck.
- Examples of how an expected major repair can at times just be a small electrical issue or a blown fuse.
- Information about the GoodGuys Spring Nationals.
- 2016 Chevrolet Silverado: The radio/Bluetooth/ac control in my truck stop working intermittently. What electrical component might be affecting each of these systems?
- 2016 Hyundai Accent: I had an aftermarket radio system installed in my car and now I’m experiencing some electrical issues. How can I resolve this problem?
- 2000 Dodge Durango: Why does the transmission in my truck sometimes stick in 3rd gear or lower until I restart it?
- 2009 Toyota Tacoma: When I come to a stop, I’m noticing a clunk and it feels like my truck kicks forward. Is this an issue with my driveshaft?
- 1981 Ford F100: Is there a shop or dealership you could recommend to me for my truck specifically?
- 1987 Ford F150: The starter relay in my truck is having issues. What can you tell me about fixing problems with my starting system?
- 2003 Dodge Durango: My son wrecked this truck shortly after purchasing it and it’s been in my garage ever since. Where can I take it to see if it’s worth repairing?
Cars talked about on this show are the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado, 2016 Hyundai Accent, 2000 Dodge Durango, 2009 Toyota Tacoma, 1981 Ford F100, 1987 Ford F150, and the 2003 Dodge Durango