- Date: 2017-02-18
- Speaker: Matt Allen and Dave Riccio
Bumper to Bumper Radio, the car guys on KTAR, 92.3 FM in Phoenix, AZ, broadcast every Saturday from 11:00 am to noon. On this show, Dave Riccio of Tri-City Transmission in Tempe, AZ and Matt Allen of Virginia Auto Service in Phoenix, AZ talk about the cost of a proper diagnosis when your vehicle is having an unknown problem. Also on this show:
- Information on check engine light diagnostic services.
- What you’re really paying for with a proper and complete diagnosis.
- Examples of an incomplete or lacking diagnosis.
- How to avoid spending too much money to find a small problem with your car.
- 1993 Buick Roadmaster: At 223k miles, I have had no service on my transmission. Would you recommend I touch it?
- 2013 Ford F150: The dealership recently replaced the cable for my sunroof, and now there is a leak in the back window of my cab. They’re claiming this isn’t covered under warranty. What are your thoughts?
- 1998 Toyota T100: The cruise control sets off cylinder misfires intermittently in this truck. Have you seen this issue?
- 2002 Chevrolet S10: I’m noticing some misfire in 4th gear. Is this transmission related?
- 2011 Ford F150: There is a “clunk” coming from the driveshaft at low speeds. How can I eliminate this?
- 2000 Lexus ES300: I have no power coming to my fuel pump. How should I check for power?
- 2003 Buick LeSabre: My ABS light is on. Do I need to replace the entire system?
Cars talked about on this show are the 1993 Buick Roadmaster, 2013 Ford F150, 1998 Toyota T100, 2002 Chevrolet S10, 2011 Ford F150, 2000 Lexus ES300, and the 2003 Buick LeSabre.